Flow of Admission
1．Ensure that you meet our entry requirements
- Be aged over 18 and have completed at least 12 years of formal education in their home country
- Be able to enter Japan by due process of law
- Have the resources to pay for all living costs during their stay
- Have a reliable guarantor. (Applicant's parents can apply)
- Have a clear purpose for studying Japanese
Although beginners may apply for course A, applicants for shorter courses (courses B, C and D) are strongly recommended to have a level of pre-existing Japanese skill, preferably to at least JLPT N5 (or equivalent). These requirements may not apply to applicants that are admitted by the headmaster on an exceptional basis.
Application windows for our courses can be found on the course page.
Our office must receive all of your application documents by the deadline.
Important notice for students from China, Mongolia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Nepal, Sri Lanka or Myanmar:
Please note that due to immigration regulations, applicants from these countries MUST posses at least JLPT N5 (or equivalent), OR have completed an undergraduate degree (any discipline) to apply for any course. In addition, ALL application documents (except for passport) received from these nationalities MUST be original and not photocopies. We apologise for this inconvenience.
3．Prepare all necessary documentation
Please refer to the list of application documents required below.
If you are unable to obtain any documents, or if anything is unclear, please contact us beforehand:
|Send from CONTACT|
4．Email all required documents
If you email all required documents, we can check if you meet the requirements to study at our school and apply for a student visa. We will let you know if we need additional documents or if we need to make changes for your visa.
Email all documents to the following address:
5．Submit all documents and transfer Application Fees
Once we have accepted your application, you will be asked to submit all documents and transfer the Application Fees. We will use this to apply for your visa.
Due to immigration regulations, applicants from the following countries MUST submit all original documents by post (except for passport): Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Indonesia, Mongolia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Nepal, Sri Lanka or Myanmar. Please inform us when you apply if you wish for any original documents to be returned.
In most other cases, photocopies for all documents are acceptable and can be sent via email.
Submit all documents to the following address:
Kamiyama Gakuin Japanese Language School
4-16-29 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi, JAPAN
At the same time, please transfer your application fee (¥20,000) (Fee transfer destination)
(Transfer charge is not included)
5．Transfer course fee
Kamiyama Gakuin will check your application documents and submit them to immigration. Providing that they are accepted, we will then send you a photocopy of your certificate of eligibility, and an invoice for the course fee via e-mail.
Once you have received these, please transfer your course fee (Fee transfer destination)
6．Apply for visa
Once we have received your course fee payment, we will send you the following documents:
- Entrance guide
- Letter of acceptance
- Original certificate of eligibility
Using your original certificate of eligibility, apply to your local Japanese embassy to receive your student visa.
7．Arrive in Japan
Once your visa is issued, you may book your flight to Japan, informing us of your arrival date, time and flight number.
1. PDF Excel
2. PDF Excel
|To be completed by the applicant.
※ You may use an extra sheet if necessary.
|To be completed by the applicant.|
|０３||Academic certificate, diploma or degree||Please submit highest qualification achieved.|
|０４||Proof of Japanese language skill (if held)||
|０５||Photocopy of passport||If the applicant has visited Japan previously, all pages with an immigration stamp must be submitted.|
|０７||Family Register (if your country uses one) or birth certificate||If submitting a family register, please submit a certificate showing the names of all family members|
|０８||Statement of financial support
|To be completed by the applicant's guarantor.
Please submit the following financial information depending on your case:
|If the applicant will pay course fees and living expenses||
|If the parents or other relatives of the applicant will pay course fees and living expenses||
|If a Japanese resident will pay course fees and living expenses||
|０９||Health declaration form
|To be completed by the applicant.|
- A ¥20,000 application fee should be submitted alongside your application documents. This fee covers administrative work including applying to immigration on your behalf. Please note that this fee is non-refundable.
- The course fee is payable yearly and includes the following costs:
- Enrollment fee (charged in the first year only),
- Tuition fee,
- Facilities fee,
- A general health check and private healthcare and property insurance
- ※Materials (required text books)and Excursion fee (field trips) are not included.
- In the event that the student is unable to enroll in school because the student became unable to enter Japan or if the admission process is cancelled by the student, the student is eligible for a partial refund as per our school guidelines. Please note that Selection fee and Enrollment fee are non-refundable fees.
- Please transfer payments to the following account as per invoices received:
|Bank Name||MIZUHO BANK, Ltd|
|Address||3-25-3 Meieki Nakamura-ku Nagoya-City Aichi JAPAN|
|Account Name||Kamiyama Gakuin Japanese Language School|